Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1z1hi2KGv

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

With Love, The Sugga Bear.


It's Valentines. The first Valentines I spent with Jonathan we both went all out.  He bought me so many roses you would have thought my room was a flower shop.  Every year after that we decided to not do too much.  We go out to dinner the weekend before or after, and buy cards.  I usually pick him up treats he likes to snack on, sometimes things he needs like socks or underwear and he usually finds some sweet way to let me know he listens/cares.  One year he found this dish clearer stuff I love and could never find and bought 4 bottles.  It's the little things.

I hate when this day comes and people go on and on about how they have NO Valentine.  Are you kidding me?  Are you telling me that no one loves you?  Lets get real.  Your upset because no one is going to buy you anything?  That's not what this day is about.  I posted this as my FB status after I read many people were refusing to celebrate this day for different reasons:

"It breaks my heart to see so many of you feel like they can't celebrate this holiday. Today is what YOU make it. You can't let it be about the candy, gifts, or flowers. It's about being kind. Taking the moment to appreciate EVERYONE in your life. To remember how much you are loved, and how much you love others. I don't think their is a rule book that states you have to have a significant other... to enjoy this day. I know that each of you that have posted something negative today is loved and appreciated by someone. I don't have the money to ship all of you valentines, but if I could I would. Today is not just another day, you just can't let the fluff get in the way of what this day is really about. So hug your family, friends, kids, pets. If that doesn't work then do something for someone else to let them know they are important to you. Remember it's always better to give than to receive."
I wasn't trying to be mean about it, but I think the point of the day is being completely forgotten.  Never in my life did I ever feel the need to have a boyfriend/significant other to celebrate this day.  I could always count on my family, and friends to come through and show their love as could they with me.  This morning at 6:30 I received a text from my dad.  That my friend is better than any diamond he could give me.  At the age of 28 I have come to realize just how lucky I am to have a wonderful father who I can count on to remind me he loves me on Valentines.  Sadly in this world that is something some others don't even know what it's like.

So today I challenge everyone to take a moment to remind someone that you care.  Even if it's just a text.

Enough with the words I know.

Last night I found J's card from AB so I decided to let her sign it.  At this point in her life she's not really interested in pens.  I think I heard my living room walls cheering with relief.


Then I finished up her class room Valentines:

"I have a BALL being your friend" - I packaged little soft balls for the itty bitty kiddies.

I LOVE U "S'MORE" - Marshmallow's dipped in chocolate and graham crackers, for her teachers.  I also snuck some for my bosses girls, and co-wokers kids.  They were a HIT!


I made pb cookies using Dove hearts instead of kisses for all the teachers at AB's school, and J too since they are his favorite.

Then I sent up her gift.



AB decided at 5:30 she wanted to wake up and come hang out downstairs.  I wasn't quite ready yet, but took it as an opportunity to get some extra snuggles in before school.  Once she got her bottle she decided to squeeze a few more Z's in before school. 

This is the picture my dad got in response to his text.

Which means J left when she was still sleeping.  So I promised we would wait to open her gift (that she helped wrap ha ha) last night. She wasn't real excited with waiting, so she attacked the bow which was fun for her.

It's just the bow mom.

What about opening Daddy's?

Well.  If I can't eat whats inside then I'll just have a little taste of the ribbon.

Kidding Mom.  I'm just holding on to it.

For real, it just fell off.

I'll hold on to these for safe keeping.

Really Mom, I'm just holding on to them.

What do you mean I'

Just a few more ribbons.

Ha ha... You can't be mad at this face!!

Boy, I sure know how to deal with mom.

Uh Oh.  The whole bow just came off.

Here I'll fix it.

Maybe if we do this...

Uh Mom?  Help please. 

We had a good morning.
 We rolled on the floor.
 We took some close ups.
We played with our favorite Dinosaur. 
And the Bean Fairs-wheel.
We had some cute smiles.
 We tested to see how far our arms could reach.
 Attempted to set a new fashion trend wearing only one shoe.

I dropped her and the goodies off at school and made my way to work.  J and Uncle Mike were able to meet me for lunch at our favorite little Pizzeria.  So far it's been a good day.  Now time to sign off and go get my favorite Valentine, and wait for our favorite guy to come home.

As I promised here are a few pictures from our Valentines day pictures I took this weekend.

I call these her Cupid pictures.




 
I love you this much!



Just hanging around.




I can not tell you how hard I laughed when I reviewed the pictures that I took.  THIS was the first one.  Let's just say with this new flow of snot someone has realized her nose has HOLES! 
I pick YOU Valentine!

until next time....

From Our Swamp To Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment