Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1z1hi2KGv

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mommy Time Out

Every day my sweet Sugga Bear brings Mommy home extra work.

Her dirty clothes.

Since she started to crawl daycare is unable to keep her from looking like a raggamuffin.

J loves that she likes dirt.

J doesn't do her laundry.

I wouldn't mind it if I could ever get a hold of one of those dang laundry fairies.

This is AB's pants on a good day.


Her white socks never come home white.  I was buying a new pack almost weekly.  Then on pintrest someone posted a pin that saved me from my petty prayers  of "God PLEASE let this stain come out" as I tossed them in the washer.


Dawn Dish Soap.
Hydrogen Proxide.
Baking Soda.
Brush.


I let them soak in hot water.
 Then I toss them in the wash and....

 No more stains.

I know. I know.  
You are so jealous of my interesting life.

That will bring us to my "Mommy Time Out."

I have a bad habit of feeling the need to do EVERYTHING, then stressing when things aren't done.  With the stress of work, baby, and house stuff I have had little time for me.
 
I finally come to realize: 
Our house doesn't have to be spotless.  
AB can stay at daycare a few extra minutes so that I can "run" to go get her.
Dinner doesn't have to be cooked EVERY night.
While it's hard on me to give some of my free time up for something for me AB will not mind.
AB actually needs some one on one time with her daddy.
Daddy needs one on one time with AB.
I don't have to be Super Mom or Betty Crocker.
If I want friends, I have to go out there and find them.

maybe a few other things...


My first opportunity came from my boss.  She was going to sign her daugther and herself up for a Nikon class at the end of March.  This would have me leaving AB a Saturday & Sunday from 9-4.  
My heart aches thinking about this decision.
J and I talked about it and I went back and forth.  In the end I decided that he bought me this nice camera and I should take the opportunity to learn how to take it off or Auto and use it properly.  I don't need to be a pro, but I wouldn't mind getting better shots.

Camera Class.
CHECK.

Another thing on my Mommy list was to get myself back in shape.
Before AB I had just started loving to run.  Unfortunately I did what I swore I wouldn't do and got away from it early in my pregnancy.

I had a goal to run the Princess 1/2 marathon in Disney last weekend.
It didn't happen.
Instead I watched a HS friend who gave birth to her daughter a week after me succeed.
I realized my excuses of having a baby was not an excuse and I really needed to get over that.
  
 Just so happens another friend had invited me to the Boot Camp I talked about in my previous post.
Since that camp I haven't quit thinking about how great it felt to use all of myself.  To be working out. 
I wanted that back.

So today I signed up.
3 days a week for 4 weeks.
At 5:30 am.
Starting on the 12.

I'm crazy.

New Goal.  
A 10 Mile Disney Race in September.
to push me to finally do
The 1/2 Marathon in 2013.

Bring it!

So that's it for me.  Lots of new steps all at once.  I needed to push myself.  I can do this.  I will do this.
Back to becoming more of me, without loosing the Mommy and Wife that I have become.  
That is my goal for 2012.

As for the girl you come here to see.

She's great.

Can you guess what she got yesterday?
Easter EGGS!



This is AB pouting.  See the black thing in front of her?  That's her stroller.  She wanted to go on a walk this morning. She was mad I wouldn't let her get in the stroller. 


until next time

From Our Swamp to Yours

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing Disney Princess Half Marathon next year too! Maybe I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will it be your first? We will have to remember to make plans to try to see each other.

      Delete