Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1z1hi2KGv

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Sugga Bears Tongue

A Sugga Bears Tongue is used for quite a few things.

To help them think better.
When they are just being silly.
To help Momma Bears and Daddy Bears know how they feel about being told no.
To harmonize with the Fresh Beat Band. 
and
It comes in handy when you aren't old enough to say "Bazinga"

AB has been "blowing rasberries" since she was around 4 months old.  She's so good at it I think it could be considered a talent. 

Over the last few weeks she has now moved from rasberry blowing, to just sticking her tongue out.  She does it slowly and sly and at the perfect moment and it will make you wonder if she really understands what she is doing.

Then when you think she's just going to take over the world pure genius she will continue to do it for no reason while she plays.


Short post today.  I've been busy creating the name tags for the Scouts.  They have Mall Maddness this weekend, where they have a lock in at a local mall.  I've been with them twice.  It's fun, but I'm kinda glad AB came along and I'm no longer able to attend.  It takes about a week to recoup being up all night and laying on the floor at the mall.


It's not perfect, but for last minutes notice I thought they came out pretty cute.  The theme for the Tags this year were Girl Scouts.  We usually don't follow the rules because we are always last minute.  I tried to kinda incorporate the theme this year since it was Girl Scouts. HA HA!

The girls adore AB, but we don't get to make it out to meetings as much as they would like.  So I included a little picture from her.

I don't know why it has the shadow.  I cut it out to be laminated so it didn't really matter.  I hope the girls like them.  I'm sure they will.  They will be hopped up on sugar and able to roam the mall freely without parents holding their hands.  It's a dream to girls their age.

While creating these and in the middle of a staff meeting my cell phone rang.  The name of AB's school pops up and my heart falls.  

"Amanda?"
"Yea it's me."
"How are you?"
"Okay, Is AB OKAY?"
"Yea she fell"

So this is the point where you don't know if you should feel better that she hasn't caught some rare disease, but at the same time you start picturing your child bleeding, broken bones, black eye, broken tooth...

"She's okay, she just scrached her face."

Ugh.  FACE.  Knee I could handle.  Elbow...not so bad...FACE.  Not the thing you want anything to happen to.

"How bad?"
"No bad.  She's okay. She wanted to get right back on the toy.  The ground was just dry and hard, and it scratched her."
"She doesn't need me?"
"No she's fine."

Liar. (Love you Andrea) AB ALWAYS NEEDS ME (right?) 

"Text me a picture please."

AB's official first "owie"
I know it could be worse, but I still hate that it happened.  My poor sweet Sugga Bear.

These are the times I hate being a working mom.  I want to go swoop her up and love on her and make it all better.  Not being there for her when she needs ME is hard.  

So I'm counting the minutes until I get home.  Get my running shoes on and go pick her up.  I did it yesterday and we both enjoyed it.  I was going to pass today, but I know how much she loves to stroll and she favors it over the carseat so I think it's only fair.

until next time....
From our Swap to Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment