Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1z1hi2KGv

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Least Favorite "Stage"

Every month/week bring something new with AB.
With all the new I'm usually constantly going on and on about how I *LOVE* her new thing.  Watching her grow and learn has been one of my favorite things about being a mom.

UNTIL....

This trying to stand/get her balance/walk stage came along.

I hate it.  
My heart is jumping out of my chest.
No matter how close you are, you are never close enough.

Did I mention we have ALL TILE FLOORS?

With this stage also comes the temper stage.

When the Sugga Bear don't get what Sugga Bear wants she THROWS herself backwards.

Saturday we had a scare when she did it on the tile floor for no reason.  After a few minutes of crying she I held her and she held on to Pinky Oso and she was fine.

Last night it happened again, but different.

We had just got home.  I had called J to tell him we were home.  While on the phone with him AB wondered over to the recycling bin.  I followed her and I was standing right there.  For some reason she likes to stand and beat on the bin.  So there she was.  Standing and beating. 

Then it happened.

She grabbed the bin full of paper and empty containers and she outweighed it.

Before I could grab her the bin and her toppled over.  

I picked her up calmly always hoping I don't scare her worse than the fall.

She screamed.

Then held her breath.
(this is a VERY common thing for her).

I just hung up on J.  He knows the drill.

I blew in her face.  Blew again and again and begged her to take a breath.

She did.

I use to pass out when I fell.  I know her day is coming by the way she holds her breath.  I just hope its not when I'm alone because I don't think I can handle that.

Once she caught her breath she quit crying.

She just looked a little dazed.
I got scared.  She never calms that easily.

I called J and told him to head straight home instead of the office.  He was 45 minutes away and that is not a call he ever wants to get after I frantically hang up on him.

She sat in my lap and I did everything for a smile.  
NOTHING.
Finally I turned on Fresh Beat Band
She started bobbing to the music.
*sigh*

Within 20 minutes she was all over the place again.

I think the fact that the bin fell so close to her and made a noise too scared her more than anything.

While I never want her to grow up quickly this is a stage I will not miss.  It is a constant hands on watching stage and it's HARD.  Even when you know you did your best you feel so damn guilty when they do fall.

I have to say after worrying about her sleeping all night.  I wasn't so upset when she woke up at 6 to get in bed with J.  Of course that means she slept until 7:30 this morning making our morning a little hectic, but it was all worth it for these smiles.








2 comments:

  1. My friend's kid just got finished with this stage. It's like from 0-1.9 kids are so cute and fun, then from 2-3.9 they turn into tornado's of fury and destruction. Then you get your normal child back at 4 only for them to turn into monsters at puberty. Sugga Bear sure is cute though and it is super fun to watch her grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! So true and with her being a girl I'm sure she'll be sassy from 4 until....well always. ;)

      I'm glad you enjoy watching her grow up. I'm sure she'll give me a lot to talk about once she starts talking. :)

      Delete