We had an absolutely beautiful weekend. The weather was perfect and our little family just had a great weekend. This weekend I realized how much AB is really growing up. She's becoming more fun, and easier to take places, and do things with.
Saturday
After waking up and getting things done around the house we decided that the weather was way too beautiful to stay inside. We had heard of this place called
Gumbo Limbo; which has a nature trail, and a sea turtle reserach facility. So we decided to head over there to just get out of the house.
It was nice. Nothing to go on and on about, but we enjoyed getting out and stretching our legs. Our favorite part was the look out point.
 |
| Isn't the view beautiful! |
 |
| Dad I need my shades. |
 |
| Call me Hollywood. |
At this age we have to find places where she can get down. She likes to be in her stroller, but she will be much happier if you let her get out and stretch. So that's what we did.
After our nature walk we let her take pictures on the turtles in the front.
 |
| Mom. You always put me in the silliest places for pictures. |
 |
| What? Never road on the back of a sea turtle before? |
As if this day couldn't get better. We were able to go to dinner at Daddy Bears favorite place
The Knife.
 |
| Is it time to go yet? |
 |
| Man. I'm ready to eat some veggies. |
 |
| They have mashed potatoes TOO? |
 |
| This is going to be FUN! |
 |
| Nope. Not sharing mom. Get your own plate. |
So our Saturday was as close to perfect as it could get.
Sunday
J went to the range to meet with his buddies so Sugga Bear and I hung out at the house and decorated the perow for our Mardi Gras parade.
Then Daddy Bear came home and we had our parade.
 |
| Peak-a-boo! |
 |
| Hang on yall. I got to get my throws ready. |
 |
| Almost ready. |
 |
| Who you calling MISTER? |
 |
| Show me your PUFFS, strawberries, pears, raisins....really I'm not picky. |
 |
| Happy Mardi Gras! |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| You right there. This is for you! |
 |
| Come on Dad pull the boat!! |
 |
| Ugh. I'm out of beads. |
 |
| Aw. Dad that was fun. Fun times. |
 |
| YES! I love Mardi Gras. |
 |
| Krewe of the Sugga Bear indeed. |
 |
| Aw. Dad. You put this silly mask on me you crazy fella. |
Our Sunday was complete. We had a great day together as we always do. While I hate when Sunday's bring work weeks sometimes Sundays just seem more relaxing than any other day of the week.
Monday
Lucky for me AB's school was closed so I got to take off with her. We had a blast. We ran some errands. Then headed back home put the roast on, baked some king cake, and banana bread and did a whole lot of playing in between.
 |
| Maybe if I try this end. |
 |
| Maybe if it thinks I'm a fish it will open itself. |
 |
| Man. This just isn't working for me. |
 |
| Come on mom. Lets SWING! |
 |
| I got this piece of grass and if you aren't quick enough I'll eat it. I swear I will. |
 |
| I love spying on the neighbors. |
 |
| If I'm fast enough I can get to the cement before mom can swoop me up. |
 |
| Man. Not fast enough. |
 |
| Let's Play! |
 |
| You mean we really get to stay home all day? |
|
|
Later that day she had been so good that I decided it was time to try a Popsicle.
 |
| Umm... |
 |
| It taste so good, but it's SO cold! |
 |
| Mommy I want more. |
 |
| Ahhhhhhhhh. |
 |
| Why must you taste so good, but make me so cold? |
 |
| I just want to eat my Popsicle and keep my fingers too! |
She was not a big fan of how cold the Popsicle was. She wouldn't hold the stick and didn't want me to hold it either. Sugga bear has a love hate relationship with the Popsicle. It was a little windy so we put her clothes back on and finished our day.
Tuesday
I think the weekend seems longer when I'm reviewing it vs. living it. I just want to go back after looking at all these pictures.
Today is not only Mardi Gras, but Mimi (my mom's) birthday. My mom is very dear to me. She's become my best friend. I don't always like what she has to say, but I know (now that I have my own child) that she's always looking out for my best interest. I know over the years I have giving my mom a ton of heartache. Not only have I always been stubborn, but I moved across country with a boy the first time I decided to move out. She's dealt with a lot when it comes to me and I hate that I have made her go through so much, but in the end she still loves me no matter how hard I make it for her. So happy birthday to my amazing mom, who loves me unconditionally. Who has taught me everything I know about being a mom. We love you and wish we were home to give you big Sugga Bear hugs and rasberries.
 |
| Happy Mimi Gras! (Check out those teeth) |
 |
| No adults allowed! |
 |
| Pinky Oso and I are going to stay in our house. We got view from the t.v. from here. |
 |
| I can't come out and play my momma says I have to go to school. |
 |
| I don't want none of your dang girl scout cookies. |
 |
| I see you looking. |
 |
| I'm not home. Promise. Come back later. |
 |
| I got a Zebra and I know what to do with it. |
until next time....
From our Swamp to Yours
No comments:
Post a Comment