Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1z1hi2KGv

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Stairway to Heaven.....

If you own a two story house than you know that children are infatuated with stairs.
If you don't own a two story house, but have kids and have been somewhere with stairs, you probably know this fact better than anyone else.

I remember being excited about my Aunt's staircases as a kid.

AB discovered the stairs a few months back.

The baby gate went up the next day.

We try to keep the gate open as much as possible so our cat can come and go freely.
(I'm not the best at remember to leave it open so I try my hardest to never have to shut the gate).

To AB her our staircase is a stairway to heaven (her independence).
It just simply amazes her.

 
I think she has a 6th sense
"The gate is open, and mom stepped out the room" sense.

As soon as I step out of her sight, even if just in another area where she's in my view she takes off.


She's always careful to check for me.
Then act like it's a game.



She tries to be extra cute so that I don't get mad.
(Sometimes she starts to shake her head NO knowing that I don't approve).


She contemplates her next move.


Slowly tries to go up the first stair, while keeping her eyes on me for my reaction.


Then she goes for the Cat's stuff.  You know the stuff that is now on the stairs to keep AB away.

No worries.  I didn't let her eat the cat food.

 Sometimes I let her go up the stairs.
It takes up her energy.
Hopefully helps with the desire to do it constantly.
I get some exercise following her.
Plus it's pretty cute to see her climb them.
After she climbs it, I know she feels like she just climbed a mountain.
She's proud of herself, and I'm proud of her!

Find your staircase.  Climb it.  Feel accomplished.
AB will cheer you on.

until next time....

From our Swamp to Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment