Yes. I'm still here and we are alive and doing well.
I know I have a ton to catch up on but I think it will be best done with a few post vs. one big one.
My mom flew on a Thursday.
The original plan was for me to pick her up and for us to head to school to get AB.
AB woke up with fever again.
So she stayed home with Daddy Bear until I could get off.
She was in a decent mood for being sick, and keeping a temp above 101.
We picked up my mom and the shy Sugga Bear appeared.
I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes she's outgoing and wants to go to new people.
Other days she become very shy.
I don't doubt her feeling bad made things worse.
She's very clingy and very much a Momma's girl when she's sick.
(aren't we all).
When we got home AB seemed to start feeling worse. So we changed our dinner plans to pick up dinner plans, and hung around the house.
We had big BEACH plans the next morning and were hopeful AB's fever would break and allow us to keep them.
We woke up Friday to a clingy, yet happy, and fever free AB.
We packed the bags, heading to the beach.
I told my mom
"I'm doubtful we will stay long."
We are still in the "everything goes to the mouth" age and I just knew fist full of sand would find it's way there.
The day was beautiful.
AB LOVED the water and was so good.
I was able to get a lot of pretty shots.
While these came out beautifully I really lucked up.
As you know I'm an amateur.
BAD.
I popped this lens on my camera in hopes I wouldn't have to get my camera too close to the water.
(I am clumsy)
When I did it doe something it's never done before.
It wouldn't focus.
At first I thought it was because I didn't have the lens on correctly.
Then when I got home I realized that it's only not focusing when on Auto.
I have only used the lens twice. It focaused automatically.
When I put it in Auto I can hear it trying to work, but it doesn't move.
Which stinks when you have a very mobile daughter and you have to re-focus on every shot (I missed a lot of good ones at Easter).
I searched and it is possibly a lens problem.
I'm going to take it somewhere and see since Nikon does give me a 5 year warranty on it.
*sigh*
But back to the fun stuff.
This I snapped with my phone.
Years ago when I was entering codes into my friends beepers I would never believe that I would own a phone that could take such pretty pictures.
AB loved the beach.
She sat and watched the water. She loved for it to come up to her and would just sit and wait for the next wave to find it's way to her feet.
She enjoyed time with her Mimi.
After talking cameras with a sweet lady at the beach I felt secure enough to have her take a photo of the three of us. I'm happy I did this because we will always cherish this picture.
After the beach we hit Target since Florida has better selection of summer stuff than Louisiana.
Mom picked up my nieces some super cute swim stuff, and then we decided it was time to eat.
I do not eat fast food. Or try my hardest not to.
I gave it up awhile back and since then it makes me kinda sick.
As a kid it was always kind of a "treat" for us anyways.
Mom wanted to "treat" AB and I to McDonalds, being Friday it was the fastest way to not eat meat.
*blah*
We got AB a cheese burger because she usually likes burgers.
She ate her fruit cup.
So her first trip to Mc Donalds was a bust.
I hope her first Snowball when we visit home goes over better. I'm sure it will.
Of course Mommy doesn't mind eating what she doesn't like if not.
Once we went home we changed and visited AB's school so my mom could meet her teachers and friends.
Then we played a little bit in the yard.
We had a great day.
I love when my family visits but it just make me realize how much I wish we lived home.
The next day we had swim lessons.
I'm not sure we should go over swim.
:(
She was not a fan.
I really got to get in the pool and work with her this weekend before our last session.
I'm on the fence about the next class.
Because AB is so young she says we will repeat it until she's about 18 months.
I'm considering waiting until next year and taking it somewhere else.
After swim we headed to the mall to pick up a few things I needed.
Like new socks (more on that later).
Then back home to enjoy the last of our time with Mimi.
Mom's flight was an earlier flight so we said our goodbyes early that day.
This was AB's 4th day on her meds. Her little system doesn't do well with them at all and this would be probably the worst day. I hated that mom had to leave with her on such a grouchy note.
I wont lie the longer I'm away from my family the easier it becomes. I learn to live with it. The moment we reunite is the moment I become home sick. I know the chances of us ever moving back are slim. Sometimes I feel like my heart actually hurts knowing that. I always have hope that some day we can at least get closer. Until then I guess we just have to make the best with what we have.
Until Next Time....
From Our Swamp to Yours....












No comments:
Post a Comment