We had birthday cards to mail today.
J asked me to hurry and sign them.
I reminded him that our signatures no longer mean anything, and the one person who really needed to sign was still sleeping.
And she slept.
and slept.
Until I woke her up at 7:45
I hate having to wake her up.
She woke up happy.
I leave a book in her bed.
She wanted to read it instead of going to school.
I bargained with her.
"If you get out of bed I'll let you turn the light on."
Heck Yea!
Get lifted into the air AND pull on a chain.
Not many toddlers can resist that!
As our usual morning routine went on (quickly as we are already late).
Once she was dressed I showed her the cards and pen I had laid out on the table.
She was so excited that I let her actually play with a pen.
Then she got to business.
For a kid that will not color for longer than a minute she sat and worked on what she had to say until I took it away.
Since she did such a great job I decide to try something new.
STICKERS.
She loved the stickers, but didn't love that she couldn't take them back off.
The best part is at no point did she try to eat the pen or stickers like she does the crayons.
*sigh*
Until Next Time....
From Our Swamp To Yours
No comments:
Post a Comment